COVID-19 Employment Resource Center in San Diego
Haeggquist & Eck, LLP Can Guide You through This Turbulent Time
The outbreak of a new strain of coronavirus commonly referred to as COVID-19 has resulted in massive changes to everyday life around the world. California is no exception to the various states that have issued shelter-in-place orders and required “non-essential” businesses to cease operations.
Although intended to slow the spread of the highly infectious and potentially deadly virus, these measures have had profound impacts on employees. If the nature of your work hasn’t allowed you to work from home, you may have lost your job or received zero-hour schedules from your employer. If you have been working during this time, your employer may have taken advantage of the confusion to side-step important employment laws that apply whether there’s a state of national emergency or not.
Haeggquist & Eck, LLP has assembled a team of attorneys to address the many employment-related issues facing employees in the wake of COVID-19 and the government’s measures to curb infection. Discover answers to your questions below, and reach out to us if you feel you need to hold an employer accountable for unlawful business practices during this time.
Resources for Employees Affected by the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- You May Be Allowed Paid Time Off to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
- Governor Newsom Signs New COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Bill
- Can My Employer Require Me To Get a COVID Vaccine?
- California’s New Notice & Reporting Requirements Relating To COVID-19 Workplace Exposures
- Can My Employer Require Me To Get a COVID Vaccine When It Is Available?
- California Expands COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave
- Do I Have Employee Rights If Housemate Is High-Risk For COVID-19 Complications?
- What Does My Employer Have To Do If an Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19?
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Covid-19 Testing At Work
- Senate Bill Would Sacrifice American Workers For Corporate Greed
- Can My Employer Require Me To Take an Antibody Test?
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits Presumed For Employees Diagnosed With COVID-19
- What Does My Employer Have To Provide To Allow Me To Work From Home?
- I’m Pregnant During a Pandemic. How Can I Protect Myself and My Unborn Baby?
- If I’m Making More On Unemployment Than I Did At My Job, Should I Still Go Back To Work?
- Can My Employer Require Me To Take a COVID-19 Test?
- Do I Have To Work If I Have An Underlying Medical Condition During COVID-19?
- 2020 California Employment Law Update
- California’s Additional Paid Sick Leave For Essential Food Sector Employees At Large Private Employers
- Impacted by COVID-19: Am I Entitled to Unemployment Insurance
- If I Have Coronavirus, What Can My Employer Tell Others about My Condition?
- I’m An Independent Contractor. What Rights Do I Have? Am I Entitled To Unemployment or Other Benefits?
- What Is a Furlough?
- Essential Not Expendable
- Refusing To Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What Safety Protections Must Employers Provide For Essential Workers?
- What Employee Protections Do I Have During The COVID-19 Pandemic?
- If Your Employer Says You Are an ‘Essential Worker,’ Do You Have To Go To Work? What about Your Health & Safety?
- What If My Employer Is Forcing Me To Work During COVID-19 & I Don’t Feel Safe?
- Can I Be Fired For Refusing To Work Because of COVID-19?
- How Will You Benefit From The CARES Act?
- Can I Lose My Job If I Have COVID-19?
- Can My Employer Treat Me Differently Because I’m Asian or from Another Country During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Strikes Ratchet Up During COVID-19 – Essential Workers Are ‘Doing It For Themselves,’ As the Song Goes
- What Are Employees Entitled To Under the Stimulus Package?
- Can My Employer Ask About Disabilities or Medical Conditions Like Immunodeficiency During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Can My Employer Require Me To Use Leave During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Can I Be Treated Differently Because I Am Over 65?
- Interplay Between COVID-19 Paid Leave Act & Existing Leave Rights
- What Is Expected of Me While I Am Teleworking?
- Employees Impacted By COVID-19: You May Be Entitled To Paid Sick and Family Leave
- Coronavirus & the Workplace: What You Need To Know
Employment Law Services
Why Clients Choose Us
- Free Case Evaluations
- You Don’t Pay Unless We Win
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyer
- Exclusively Represent Employees & Consumers